- Oct 1. I joined the M.S. Statistics program at the University of Chicago.
- Sept 6. Our paper, Variance-Reduced Stochastic Learning by Networked Agents under Random Reshuffling, was accepted to the IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing. Read the free, arXiv version.
- Sept 3. I finished my work on the Lemo library. We are preparing for the first release and publication.
- July 16. I worked as the teaching assistant of short-term courses taught by Yuan Zhong, Martin Wainwright, and Christopher S. Tang.
- Feb 28. I worked as the teaching assistant of Linear Algebra and Operations Research (II) at the RIIS at SHUFE.
- Dec 15-17. I visited 9 startup companies in Shenzhen together with the Association of Chinese Entrepreneurs at Berkeley. Read our blog post in Chinese (微信推送).
- Oct 31. We presented an overview of neural network language models in the natural language processing seminar at UCLA.
- Sept 5. I held my first academic talk on saving communications in decentralized optimization in Professor Wotao Yin's group.
- June 8. We presented matrix estimation with rank constraints in the high dimensional statistics seminar at UCLA.